Monday, February 5, 2018

Whole Wheat Bread


In my quest for perfect loaf of whole wheat or more appropriately Atta aka Chapathi flour bread here is another recipe with more than satisfactory results. Only regret that it is part whole wheat. Would like to try it out with 100% wheat and update the results.

I have baked quite a few whole wheat loaves earlier. The whole wheat flour used in U.S is different then the atta we use for chapathi. Hence all recipes that call for whole wheat flour do not give same results.

But this recipe yields a light and moist  loaf which is pleasure to cut and toast unlike my earlier loaves. Have worked with vital wheat gluten earlier but this is first time I used milkpowder and indeed it made the difference.

Recipe has been adapted from here. I made few changes to the original recipe. Instead of 1.5 cup of AP flour I used  1 cup . Instead of  instant yeast I used Active dry yeast amd surprisingly even when I added it directly to dough mix without proofing it worked well.

Some more pictures from the various steps






No comments: